On the first day of Christmas, 2020 gave to me...

 

On the first day of Christmas, 2020 gave to me...
2020 has been a whirlwind of a year and December had its fair share of unknowns and complications.  But there is so much to be thankful for too!  When I first arrived home to New Jersey on December 11th, I stayed with my pastor and his wife and their family.  Pastor Rich and Anabelle graciously picked me up from the airport and let me stay in their home since I was waiting to head to my parent's house until my mom and dad left for a doctor's appointment in Rhode Island.  I awoke the next morning to a text from my family saying that my sister woke up with some Covid symptoms.  My parents postponed their medical trip and we all dove into trying to find a Covid test appointment for my sister.  I stayed at Pastor Rich and Anabelle's as we awaited Lily's results and rode out a large snow storm as well.  It was such a blessing to stay with the Lerner's, who are like my extended family.  Every morning I would hear the pitter patter of little feet as four year old Ethan, in full Spider-Man costume, would inform me that it was morning.  And every night, Jadon and I would sing "Jesus Loves Me" before bedtime.

We got my sister the soonest appointment we could and then had to wait a few days for the results. That whole week, we all wondered if I would even be able to go home and see my family.  I dropped off groceries and medicine for them and waved through the window.  The one day, my dad greeted me from the window in his Santa suit as I stood in the driveway.  After a few days, we finally got the results!  She was negative and it was just a cold!  She was already feeling mostly better and we were all so grateful and relieved and I headed for home.  After a few days, I ended up catching the cold too and it started making it's way through the family.  Even though this cold changed my plans for what my trip home looked like, God provided such a peaceful and restful time spent with my family.  We watched plenty of Christmas movies, made cocoa and enjoyed all the preparations for remembering our Savior's birth.  I was so grateful that I was over my cold by Christmas Eve and was able to attend my church's candlelight service.  Last Sunday, I updated my church family on all God has been doing in Friendswood over the last few months.  I'm so grateful for the time I was able to spend with my family, church family, and a few close friends.  Even though this holiday season was simpler and quieter than usual, it was an opportunity to remember that the first Christmas was a simple, silent night when our Lord slept in a manger.  I pray that you and your family had a blessed Christmas too! 
 
God is so faithful in providing more ministry partners and prayer team members.  I always include prayer requests in these monthly updates, but if you would like to be a part of my prayer team and receive prayer requests more often, please let me know.  The team is praying specifically as I continue to develop more ministry partner relationships and for other prayer requests.  When I arrived home for this visit, I was 30% funded on an ongoing monthly basis.  By God's grace, and the generous support of my ministry partners, I'm now at 42%.  This is a huge answer to prayer and such an encouragement!  Having partners that are committed to giving on a monthly basis provides more stability and the ability to budget accordingly.  If you would like to give before the end of 2020, you can find my financial information listed below.
Financial Information
To support me financially please follow the link below and note if it is a special gift or a monthly gift.

Give Here

Checks can be made payable to "EFCA" and mailed to:
Evangelical Free Church of America
901 E 78th St 
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Memo Line: Account #2840- Wierzbicki
Bitmoji Image
I am flying back to Houston today!  Please pray for a safe flight and that things go well with logistics as our team starts to get ready to make the move to Lake Charles over the next week or so.
Lake Charles Internship Opportunities 

Hey students (ages 17-24), pray about joining us for a summer internship in Lake Charles this summer! We would love to have you! If you, or a young person you know and love, would be interested in an internship, I'd love to chat with you on what an internship might look like .

Comments

Popular Posts