Here I am, send me!

 

Romans says, "How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed?  And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?  And how are they to hear without someone preaching?  And how are they to preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'".  

This past month, our intern leadership team has been hard at work planning out internship opportunities for next summer.  We've been praying and meeting about what these opportunities look like and figuring out logistics.  It's our heart that these students have the opportunity to come serve alongside our staff and experience what full time ministry looks like.  That they can see the specific gifts God has blessed them with and how to use them for His glory.  

                            

We set up a table during Liberty University's Global Focus Week and spoke to many students interested in how they can use their current majors in missions.  It was so great to see their hearts for sharing the love of Christ.  I think it's a beautiful picture of that verse in Romans.  We all have a roll to play in sharing the Gospel and bringing Good News and hope to people.  

We have a variety of other opportunities to share at youth conferences and colleges during the next few months.  Please keep us in prayer as we begin recruiting interns for next year.  And be praying for the students that may be thinking of pursuing missions this summer.  If you or a student you know is interested in spending a summer serving with Crisis Response, shoot me an email!  I'd love to chat about what that could look like. 
Internship Video
Click to request internship information
Personally, it's been a difficult few weeks with lots going on.  I received news that my uncle had unexpectedly passed away while I was at Liberty.  Although this has been heart breaking for my family, we are rejoicing that he is with the Lord.  I was also very grateful that I was able to be there with my little sister, who is a student at Liberty.  God definitely worked out the timing so we could be there for one another.  Even though the last few weeks have been challenging, it has been a reminder for me to draw close to the Lord and find strength, comfort, and stability in His arms. 
       
After the week at Liberty, I headed back to Lake Charles for about two weeks.  I was able to settle back in and help prep for the team coming in.  I was able to spend a few days with the team before I flew back to NJ last week to be at my uncle's memorial service and also to attend one of my best friend's wedding.  This past week has definitely been refreshing and just a sweet time with my family and also celebrating with my friends.  I'm grateful that I have been able to do quite a bit of my work remotely during this week.
I've spent lots of time in various airports over the last month.  Some of those flights were some pretty tiny planes.  But you know you are flying out of New Orleans when the 6' social distance is measured by trombone...
Give Online
Email Eloise to Join Prayer Team
Facebook
Instagram
Email
Website
YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts