"We have a home again. Before, it was just a building that we lived in. But it's starting to look and feel like home again."

 

"We have a home again.  Before, it was just a building that we lived in.  But it's starting to look and feel like home again."

Sebie and and her sister, Theresea, have been living in their Harvey damaged home since the hurricane three years ago.  At one of our last homeowner dinners before Covid, Theresea shared that she felt like, before, it was just a building.  A shell of what once was their home.  Now, it is finally starting to feel like home again.  Over the last several months, we have been able to make more progress at Sebie and Theresea's.  We have begun painting and the tile is finally getting installed and covering up the exposed cement floor.  Kitchen cabinets are ordered and Sebie already has a menu planned for the BBQ she intends to have once her home is completed.  Sebie is one of the most content people I know and a conversation with her always leaves me feeling humbled and blessed to know her.  Her passion for the Lord, serving others, cooking for people and her doggies is evident in everything she says and does.  With her passion for cooking and serving others, she still can work wonders with her limited electricity, a hot plate, and no kitchen.  And she does it with such joy and contentment in the Lord.  With some of the big last steps coming together on her home, I feel so blessed to be a part of making that building a home again.  This is the kingdom impact that your prayers and financial support help make possible.
 
There are several ways you can help: 
  • Pray for me. Prayer is absolutely crucial and appreciated so very much!
  • Give a one-time special gift – this helps me to continue to serve and time to connect with additional monthly supporters. 
  • Give recurring gifts and become part of a team of supporters to create a sustaining ministry.
  • Send a volunteer team.  Once the virus has calmed down and it is safe to do so, consider sending a volunteer team.  I'd been on 4 trips as a volunteer before I joined staff and each one was truly life changing.  Come meet our homeowners and see what God is doing in person!
Travel Plans
I will be home in NJ and out of my quarantined period from around September 6th - September 22nd. I’m doing my best to social distance with most people I will have contact with but I would love to get together with people in the tristate area for a cup of coffee across your driveway and just catch up with you and chat! If you would like to get together during that time period, send me a message with what dates and times are best for you so I can start adding things to my calendar! Can’t wait to see all my peeps!
Financial Information
Serving with ReachGlobal Crisis Response requires resources to sustain my work. I am grateful for the several who support me financially every month and am praying for more to partner with me so my ministry can continue.  For me to be fully funded, I would need around 16 more people at $50 a month and 9 people at $75 a month.  However, you can commit to any amount that you feel called to.  No prayer is too little and no gift is too small to make a difference!  This is also a great opportunity for your small group, Bible study, youth groups, etc. to coordinate together to partner with the ministry financially.  If you feel the Lord leading you to help support me financially in the ministry and have any questions, I'd be happy to share more information with you.
 


To support me financially please follow the link below and designate
"Account 2840- Wierzbicki". 
If it is a monthly gift, please note that in the comments so I can budget accordingly.


Give Here

Checks can be made payable to "EFCA" and mailed to:
Evangelical Free Church of America
901 E 78th St 
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Memo Line: Account #2840- Wierzbicki

Comments

Popular Posts