1065 Days. That's 2 years, 10 months, and 27 days.

1065 Days.  That's 2 years, 10 months, and 27 days.
This is how long it has been since Hurricane Harvey battered the TX gulf coast.  There are still so many people whose homes and lives have been affected by the crisis that Harvey caused.  It's because of your prayers and support that our homeowners have been able to tangibly see God at work in their lives. 
•Sebie loves to cook and host dinners.  She and her sister have been living in their unfinished home since 2017.  She will soon have her kitchen installed and she is so excited to be able to have a kitchen that she can cook in again.
•Sam and Stephanie's home was filled with black mold when our team gutted it in the Spring of 2019.  Now, they have a safe home to live in that is almost completed.
•Tim's home hadn't been touched since Harvey flooded it and we went in to gut everything in February of this year.  Now it is reframed to be handicap accessible and we are almost ready to have the drywall hung. 

There are countless others just like Sebie or Tim that have been living in moldy homes, have bare plywood as a bedroom floor, or are still displaced and living with friends or family.  It is thanks to your prayers and generous support that Crisis Response is able to make an impact in the lives affected by crisis.  We do not have to feel powerless in the challenges of today’s world. Together the church of Jesus Christ can affect change and bring hope to those who have none.  Together we can point the hurting to the comforting arms of Jesus.

Serving with ReachGlobal Crisis Response requires resources to sustain my work. I am grateful for the several who support me financially every month and am praying for more to partner with me so my ministry can continue. The challenge, as I make the shift from my 1-6 month application to a longer ministry, is that commitments to date total just 14% of my monthly necessary support.  A challenge? Yes!  But I believe God will meet this challenge, perhaps by using you, to touch lives through my ministry in ReachGlobal Crisis Response.
 
There are several ways you can help: 
  • Pray for me. Prayer is absolutely crucial and appreciated so very much!
  • Give a one-time special gift – this helps me to continue to serve and time to connect with additional monthly supporters. 
  • Give recurring gifts and become part of a team of supporters to create a sustaining ministry.
  • Send a volunteer team.  Once the virus has calmed down and it is safe to do so, consider sending a volunteer team.  I'd been on 4 trips as a volunteer before I joined staff and each one was truly life changing.  Come meet our homeowners and see what God is doing in person!
Financial Information
Currently, it looks like in monthly support, my budget is now up to about 14% covered in recurring monthly gifts, in addition to some generous special gifts as well.  For my monthly ministry budget to be fully funded, I'm praying for some more monthly supporters.   For me to be fully funded, I would need around 16 people at $50 a month and 9 people at $75 a month.  However, you can commit to any amount that you feel called to.  No prayer is too little and no gift is too small to make a difference!  This is also a great opportunity for your small group, Bible study, youth groups, etc. to coordinate together to partner with the ministry financially.  If you feel the Lord leading you to help support me financially in the ministry and have any questions, I'd be happy to share more information with you.
 


To support me financially please follow the link below and designate
"Account 2840- Wierzbicki". 
If it is a monthly gift, please note that in the comments so I can budget accordingly.


Give Here

Checks can be made payable to "EFCA" and mailed to:
Evangelical Free Church of America
901 E 78th St 
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Memo Line: Account #2840- Wierzbicki
Join my Facebook Group!
If you haven't joined my new Facebook Group, please head over there and check it out!  It has some great information and some more frequent updates on what I've been doing in the ministry in the day to day.  Feel free to also share the group with your friends that would be interested in the Crisis Response ministry as well! 
Click Here!

Comments

Popular Posts