November Update!

Hi all!  God has been so good and I just wanted to take some time and share how I've been doing, what I've been up to, and how I'm preparing for my trip with ReachGlobal.

In regards to finances, as of today, I'm just about 44% funded!  This has been such a blessing and I'm so grateful for the outpouring of prayers, love and financial support.  Your prayers and support are so instrumental in helping me serve the Lord in this capacity.  Our first team coming to Friendswood in January arrives on 1/5, so I'm working out my road trip down there and aim to arrive sometime before then.  My church is also sending a small team of 9 people down to Morehead City for the week to help serve at the worksites there.  I'll be going with that team and am excited to leave on that trip next Saturday after spending the Thanksgiving holiday with the fam.
 
I've been preparing in a variety of different ways: spiritual, emotional, physical, financial, etc.  Since September I've had the blessing of being a part of training courses with other ReachGlobal staff.  We have covered topics ranging from conflict resolution and spiritual warfare, to developing ministry partners and self care.  Our discussion on self care this week was helpful as I have been recuperating from a bad case of bronchitis since last weekend.  The study helped remind me to take the time to rest and take care of my health!  We also have group Skype calls every week or two and discuss all of the material we have been studying.  Although it has been challenging to add the additional "homework" to my busy weeks, these studies and conversations have been so helpful and encouraging.  It has been a great way to start preparing for serving in TX and also help me feel more connected to the other staff members while still at home and not on the field quite yet. 


I've always loved Bible journaling and I've always been a creative person.  I've been enjoying working on my Bible journaling more the last few months and thought I'd share some pictures of my supplies and such.  I find it to be such a great way to meditate on God's Word.  
 In addition to these preparations, I've also been spending time continuing to serve in the church ministries I'm part of here at home- Worship and IGNITE Youth Ministry.  This past month, Lily helped organize a night of worship alongside Grace Bible Chapel's worship team.  It was such a great night and such a blessing to see multiple church families represented in one place for the sole purpose of bringing God praise and glory.  We sang about 15 songs and both churches also highlighted a missions organization they are supporting: ReachGlobal and R-Hub (an addiction recovery ministry).  Worship ministry is near and dear to my heart and it was such a blessing to be a part of this night. 
 



We've had a great year with IGNITE so far and have had so many  opportunities to encourage and do life alongside our students.  We had our annual costume dodgeball tournament about a month ago and loved seeing all of the creative costumes and fun!  Since we studied the book of Acts last year, we are working through some of Paul's letters this year.  We just finished up Ephesians and we are now half way through Philippians. 

I've also had such an encouraging time of fun and fellowship at our C2 bible study group that I'm a part of.  We are reading through Knowing God by J.I. Packer and have had such great discussions about the topics.



I stopped by the church on my way home from work one night last week as I had to run in and work on something for a few minutes.  As I pulled away, I grabbed this amazing shot of the gorgeous sunset.  The beauty of God's creation just had me amazed and as I was leaving the church, I was reminded of what a blessing my church family is.  I love being a part of the ministries there and seeing God work in and through people to impact lives for Christ.  I'm so looking forward to seeing what God has in store for this Christmas season and what He has in store for 2020 as I prepare to leave for my time in TX!

Blessings and Love,
Eloise
 
 





Comments

Popular Posts